Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
pkelly_sts
Veteran
Liked: 66 times
Full Name: Paul Kelly

Change the processing order of jobs to tape?

Post by pkelly_sts »

I have two sites, each very similar in size & setup which copy jobs to each other and the local tape library on each site copies both the local and the incoming copy jobs to tape.

This has been working well for months but one of my jobs has had the occasional fail due to locked copy jobs and I've found that the daily change rate is gradually increasing so causing the site-to-site copy job to take a little longer, but the actual issue is that, for some reason, the tape job is actually trying to copy the incoming copy job /before/ the local job whereas the other way around would allow time for the site-to-site copy job to complete in time.

So, I thought I'd just change the processing order of the copy-to-tape job but find that I actually can't?

Is there a way of managing this order and, if not, please can we have one?

I suspect what's happened is jobs have changed over the last couple of years resulting in copy jobs being replaced with new ones (e.g. when we moved site) but I really don't see why you shouldn't be able to change the processing order anyway?

Happy to be pointed to somewhere I'm missing where I can do it :)
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Change the processing order of jobs to tape?

Post by Dima P. »

Hi Paul,
So, I thought I'd just change the processing order of the copy-to-tape job but find that I actually can't?
The order is generated based on the source job name (alphabetic order if I am not mistaken), but we will change it in U4 and bring the bellowed source order selection control to the tape jobs. Cheers!