Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
SeRo
Service Provider
Liked: never

Veeam Explorer doesnt show any items

Post by SeRo »

Hello everyone,

I configured our Office 365 backup a few weeks ago. I created a service account at the office 365 admin center and set all required permissions. (https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/vbo36 ... tml?ver=20) After this I started the installation and configuration. I added the organization and a simple backup repository.

My first backup job is quite simple. --> Backup the whole organization (it is a small test organization)

After the backup job succeeded I wondered why there is only 20 GB of transferred data and no errors/warnings. I expected more. Then I started the Veeam Explorer for OneDrive. For my user you can see that there are a few sub folders. When you rightclick such a subfolder then you see "Item count = 8", because there are 8 pictures in that folder. But when I click on that folder no items appear. Do anyone has an idea why this is happening?
Polina
Veeam Software
Liked: 681 times
Full Name: Polina Vasileva

Re: Veeam Explorer doesnt show any items

Post by Polina »

Hi SeRo,

First, please ensure you're applied the latest patch KB2765.
Next, it's worth to check your retention settings keeping in mind that VBO backs up items, the modification time of which is within the specified retention period.
If all of the above is OK, I suggest you open a support case (once you do it, please post case ID here), as this potentially looks like a known issue with a hotfix available (cannot be sure without seeing logs though).
SeRo
Service Provider

Post by SeRo »

I am not able to check the current version. I downloaded the installation file two weeks ago. I think the latest patch is preinstalled? And for your second information. The retention is configured to 7 days. So every item older than 7 days will be removed from this repository. What about items which are still online the productive are. Will there be a new backup of that items?
nielsengelen
Product Manager
Liked: 1177 times
Full Name: Niels Engelen

Post by nielsengelen »

Items between now and 7 days will be visible. In regards to the patch, this is not included in the product download so you will need to download the patch and install it.
Personal blog: https://foonet.be
GitHub: https://github.com/nielsengelen
Armandb87
Lurker
Full Name: Armand

Post by Armandb87 »

Hi SeRo

I think you have this issue:

veeam-backup-for-microsoft-office-365-f ... 55247.html

We had the same issue! Just edit the retention time...

Greetings

Armand