Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
AlexB82
Enthusiast
Liked: 8 times
Full Name: Alex

Surebackup email notifications

Post by AlexB82 » 2 people like this post

I've logged this under 03325830 also....

We have global email notifications so that only job Failures are emailed, and they go to the Veeam support group, and our service desk for automated ticket creation.

I'd like to start automating our Surebackups, and have the notifications on fail/warn/pass go the address specified in the job settings (so it just goes to one or two people in all situations).

Veeam support have informed me that the email settings in the job itself are essentially useless as the job will always select the Global settings. My questions are:

a) What's the point of asking for an email address for notifications if the job will always ignore this
b) Are there any plans in a future release to make the per-job settings take priority over the general Global settings? We don't want to enable fail/warn/pass globally, just to get the notifications of Surebackup working....

Cheers.

Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Surebackup email notifications

Post by Dima P. » 1 person likes this post

Hello AlexB82,
What's the point of asking for an email address for notifications if the job will always ignore this
With this option you can add additional email recipients, not specified in global email reporting.
Are there any plans in a future release to make the per-job settings take priority over the general Global settings? We don't want to enable fail/warn/pass globally, just to get the notifications of Surebackup working....
I've added your vote to this feature request but cannot provide any ETA. Thanks!
Novox
Expert
Liked: 22 times

[MERGED] SureBackup Notifications Global Only?

Post by Novox »

By default, I have my Global Notification settings set to exclude successes/warnings. In a few backup jobs, I override this to include an email on success OR warning.

It seems that SureBackup jobs do not allow this individual job notification settings. While I can enter my email address and indicate, "Send e-mail notifications to the following recipients," SureBackup seems to only use the Global Notification Settings. I therefore do not receive any notifications for SureBackups on success or warning.

This seems to be by design (since there are no individual notification options for SureBackup jobs), but in my use case, is inadequate.

Is there any way to change this now, or perhaps there's an existing feature enhancement request? I found a similar post from December 2018. It seems odd this hasn't been addressed yet?

Thank you!
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Merging your post to the thread you've mentioned, to keep the similar requests together. I believe this can be achieved via Veeam ONE alerting engine though.
Novox
Expert
Liked: 22 times

Post by Novox »

Yes, this is the one I mentioned. I'm not using Veeam One :/

Dima mentioned a feature request in this post. Any idea what the status of that is?
Dima P.
Product Manager

Post by Dima P. »

Novox,

Unfortunately it's not included in v11 release. We will discuss the possibility of improving the email reporting for the next version with development team. Cheers!
ecar13
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Eric C

Post by ecar13 »

+1 on this feature request. Wasted 2 hours troubleshooting and took a few back-and-forth emails with Veeam support before we both discovered that this is a 'bug'. Please just acknowledge it as a bug not a feature (and not an 'improvement') so that it might be fixed in an upcoming release.
Dima P.
Product Manager

Post by Dima P. »

Eric,

Can you please share your case id? Thanks!
ecar13
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Eric C

Post by ecar13 »

Case #04678768