Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
pfranc2018
Novice
Liked: never

NFS backup and VMware Tools

Post by pfranc2018 »

Hi all, i am struggling a bit with jobs running in NFS mode, even if i checked the "Enable VMware Tools quiescence" option. Environment is Veeam B&R 9.5 and, ofc, VMware.

Now, maybe it is just me, but looks like there's a sort of hidden answer in this statement of the KB:
If you enable the Enable VMware tools quiescence option in the job settings, Veeam Backup & Replication will not use the Direct NFS access mode to process running Microsoft Windows VMs that have VMware Tools installed.
Does it mean this will occurr ONLY with Windows vms? because i'm running this job on Linux vms and even if i check the VMware tools option this job still runs in NFS, not NBD.
And if true, what can i do to switch to NBD even if i've set up Direct Storage Access in proxy? It's an Alfresco server and no quiescence doesn't look fair/safe to me.....switch back to automatic selection?

Thanks
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: NFS backup and VMware Tools

Post by veremin »

Does it mean this will occurr ONLY with Windows vms?
Correct.
And if true, what can i do to switch to NBD even if i've set up Direct Storage Access in proxy?
If Direct Storage Access is selected and possible, it will be always preferred over NBD mode. If you want to process VMs in NBD mode, you need to set it explicitly.

Thanks.