Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
ibrahim52
Novice
Liked: 14 times
Full Name: Ibrahim Rasheed

Restoring incremental backup only

Post by ibrahim52 »

Hi,

First of all THANK YOU for providing amazing backup agent for FREE. Really appreciate each team members hardwork to invent something so flawless and yet providing full support on it. I have a scenario where the data was over 1.8TB (just the data partition) and moved to new computers additional volume of 2TB. All is well, except due to big data size, it took me over 24 hours to finish the restore operation but unfortunately group of users have updated some of the data in old PC shared folder.

Hence, I am looking for a possibility to restore the data again but this time only the incremental data and not starting restoration operation all over again.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Restoring incremental backup only

Post by Dima P. »

Hello and welcome to the community Ibrahim,

Thank you for the kind words, glad o hear that you like our product! May I ask what restore type you are using? Instead of using volume level restore you could run file level recovery and restore only desired file version. Will it work for your case? Cheers!
ibrahim52
Novice
Liked: 14 times
Full Name: Ibrahim Rasheed

Post by ibrahim52 »

Sorry to post my response after so many days, it happened that I did not require to do the restore all over again. All good, thank you.
Scoo
Lurker
Liked: never

Post by Scoo »

hi @ll,
i have another question to incremental restore:

Do i have to restore every incremental backup since last Fullbackup (with the boot-CD, to access OS-Volume), when i want to restore all my Data since Fullbackup?
i watched a tutorial on youtube and the person said, that i have to do all incrementals in the correct order to restore the volumes to the latest possible Time.
example: Fullbackup 10 days ago, incremental Backups every 2nd Day after that, System crash on Day 0 means i will first restore the Fullbackup and than go all other incrementals for the last period ?

thanks in advance.
Andreas
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Andreas,

Does not sound right: you can perform bare metal recovery from any restore point (works identical for full or incremental restore point). Cheers!