Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
rurouni
Enthusiast
Liked: 6 times

Hardware Requirements for Backup/Restore/Copy operations

Post by rurouni »

Hi,

I'm writing because i can't find the precise informations regarding HW requirements for a multi-role agent.

We are Planning to deploy Windows Agent managed by backup server on remote Sites Servers with limited amount of ressources.
What are the precise HW requirement to perform Backup Operations, Restore operations, Copy Jobs opérations.
We're planning to perform Direct backup in some scenarios, Local backup + copy Jobs on storeonce catalyst in some other scenarios.

I only found agent ressources informations requiring 2GB RAM. I'm guessing some additionnal roles will be deployed like Mount server, Gateway Server, Repository Server for local storage so i wonder how much resources are required to perform backups properly.

On the other hand, i would like to know which componnent will be stressed upon restore operations if managed by backup server. We observed that browsing "Remote site Backup" from Veeam Backup server was quite long to load. (approx 20Min) and what resources are used during those restore scenarios.

Thanks for the answers.

Regards,
Jean-Michel
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Re: Hardware Requirements for Backup/Restore/Copy operations

Post by wishr »

Hi Jean-Michel,

The HW requirements for Agents managed by a B&R server can be found here. As for the Gateway Server, Repository Server, and Mount Server, you can stick with B&R guide and take a look at the repository best-practices and the sticky FAQ.

As for the bottleneck identification, we have a built-in backup performance analyzer that may help to identify a weak part of the chain.

Should you have any additional questions, please let us know.

BR,
Fedor