Agent-based backup of Windows, Linux, Max, AIX and Solaris machines.
mvalpreda
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Mark Valpreda

9.5u3 - Agents can't connect to the repository any longer - nothing listening on port 10001

Post by mvalpreda »

Case ID 03334132

Was just checking my Agent backups and noticed they had not run for a while. After some digging and checking on one of the machines running Agent, found the Agent could not connect to the backup repository, and specifically that port 10001 was not listening on the B&R machine. I checked a couple other Veeam installs, and 10001 is listening and agents are fine. Pretty sure Veeam.Backup.Service.exe should be listening on that port, but is not on this machine. Any way to re-create that connection or get the service listening?

netstat -ano | find "10001" yields no results. Is there maybe a way to change the port from 10001, and then change it back? Maybe to 'kick start' it? Maybe somewhere in the registry?

Thanks for any info or thoughts.
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Re: 9.5u3 - Agents can't connect to the repository any longer - nothing listening on port 10001

Post by wishr »

Hi Mark,

Please try rebooting your B&R server and if that does not help keep investigating the issue with our support engineers, we do keep an eye on the case progress.

Thanks
lperezg
Veeam Software
Full Name: Luciano Perez Gaimberan

Re: 9.5u3 - Agents can't connect to the repository any longer - nothing listening on port 10001

Post by lperezg »

Hi Mark,

Please take a look at the following link, agents uses different ports: https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... tml?ver=95
mvalpreda
Enthusiast
Full Name: Mark Valpreda

Post by mvalpreda »

Already tried a reboot, reapplying 9.5u3 to the B&R server, sometimes 10001 listens for a few minutes and then drops off. Then the agents cannot connect to the B&R repository and the backups fail.

I'm at a point where I am probably going to rebuild the server.
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Post by wishr »

Hi Mark,

Luciano is correct, in the case of Agent Management mode VAW uses port number 10005 for communicating with B&R. "Legacy mode" uses 10001. For communication with B&R repositories, VAW uses a direct connection to a repository that may utilize various port ranges that depend on the repository type. You can refer to the article mentioned by Luciano for more information.

Instead of rebuilding, I would recommend you to keep working on the investigation with our support engineers. This is the fastest way to find an appropriate solution.

Thanks