Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
segfault
Enthusiast
Liked: 21 times
Full Name: John Garner

Replication Feature Request: Don't block a replication run due to an in-progress replication

Post by segfault »

If one VM has an issue that causes it to still be replicating during the next scheduled replication run, it prevents all of the other VM's from being replicated at the next scheduled time.

It would be nice if the system instead skipped any VM's that were still being processed and just continued the others in the policy along their regularly scheduled time.

I'm being bit by this right now. I have a replication policy with 19 vm's in it that is set to run every hour during business hours. Normally it takes about 10 minutes to process the entire batch. Unfortunately, due to a badly timed reboot of the source proxy (my bad), one vm that was still being processed was had an error and on the subsequent retry the infamous "Cannot find dirty block information in the previous restore point, CBT will not be used " error was tossed. 4 hours later, the sync still going because the one that failed has a 4TB drive attached to it.

One possible workaround right now is to create a separate policy for each VM that we want to replicate, something that is a bit of an administrative nightmare. The other is to exclude the problem VM and then re-add it on the last sync of the day.

Thanks,

--john
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Re: Replication Feature Request: Don't block a replication run due to an in-progress replication

Post by wishr »

Hi John,

Thank you for the feedback and FR. It's noted.

We have some features on the list that may help you to achieve what you need. Please stay tuned for updates!

BR,
Fedor