Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
mvalpreda
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Mark Valpreda

Work with GoDaddy O365?

Post by mvalpreda »

Does Veeam Backup for O365 work with GoDaddy's O365?
Polina
Veeam Software
Liked: 681 times
Full Name: Polina Vasileva

Re: Work with GoDaddy O365?

Post by Polina »

Hi Mark,

While VBO version 1.5 worked with GoDaddy's O365 hosting well, the current version 2.0 doesn't support such setups.
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Post by Mike Resseler »

Mark,

In the meantime, Polina and I had a quick discussion over this. The problem (on our side) is that we are not fully aware of what GoDaddy actually offers and what the limitations are. We read that they limit certain administrative items which we most likely need to be able to do impersonation and reading of the tenant. Any change that you are aware of the differences between GoDaddy and MSFT O365? That would make us understand it better

Happy New Year!
Mike
mvalpreda
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Mark Valpreda

Post by mvalpreda »

I am not sure. Was looking into Veeam for O365 for a customer and they mentioned they had GoDaddy for their O365 hosting. Wanted to make sure it works since it is a 'watered down' O365 experience.....especially on the admin side.
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Post by Mike Resseler »

That's where I am a bit afraid off. Most likely those customers don't have a true admin in MSFT O365 and then it probably won't work...
At this moment, we are short on time to do testing, but the easiest way for you or your customer to test is to download the community edition. Try to connect with an admin user (if they have access to it) and see if you can protect 10 users...
kabombard
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Kent Bombard

[MERGED] VBO 3.0 with Godaddy o365

Post by kabombard »

Has anyone had any luck configuring Veeam backup for office 365 version 3 with Godaddy's 365 offering? It seems that I can make version 1.5 authenticate but there doesn't appear to be a community version. I only have to back up 8 mailboxes and My client would like to keep costs down if possible. The errors I get while trying to configure the system are to do with Connecting to Microsoft graph with the error message( Accessing_ws_metadata_exchange failed) and Connect to powershell ( Accessing_ws_metadata_exchange _failed)
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: VBO 3.0 with Godaddy o365

Post by Gostev »

Hello!

Please include the support case ID for this issue, as requested when you click New Topic.

Unrelated: please note that Veeam EULA specifically restricts using Community Edition (CE) to provide any type of service to 3rd parties. You noted "your client" and clearly you're managing/troubleshooting their Office 365 backup with CE atm, which makes it the direct violation of Veeam EULA.

Thanks!
Polina
Veeam Software
Liked: 681 times
Full Name: Polina Vasileva

Post by Polina »

Hi Kent,

First, your topic was merged with the existing corresponding thread.
Second, VBO doesn't support working with 3rd party O365 providers, including GoDaddy.