Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
jeisielmorais
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: jeisielmorais

Task failed. Error: Not enough licenses.

Post by jeisielmorais »

Hi!

I recently acquired two Veeam Backup and Replication Standard licenses to back up six virtual machines on a clustered infrastructure with two physical servers one with a processor socket and one with two processor sockets, but when the virtual machine is on a server other than where it was installed, the following error occurred: Task failed. Error: There are not enough licenses.
I've revoked the licenses, but when the task of backups of physical server switching presents the error mentioned above.

How do I solve this case?

Sorry for possible typos English is not my native language.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Task failed. Error: Not enough licenses.

Post by Dima P. »

Hello and welcome to the community jeisielmorais.

Maybe the amount of counters in the license files does not cover objects you are tying to backup. Please check the licensed host with the counters in your license file via licensing information like explained in this Help Center article - Viewing Licensed Hosts and Revoking License.
task of backups of physical server switching presents the error mentioned above
Aside for the Veeam B&R license you must have agent license installed to use the agent management functionality. Do you have such license installed in the product? Thanks!
jeisielmorais
Novice

Post by jeisielmorais »

Hi,

Dima P. thank you for the feedback, I made only purchase two license "Veeam Backup & Replication Standard",

In my infrastructure I balance the virtual machines in two physical servers, I need extra licenses besides the two that I have made acquisition?
Dima P.
Product Manager

Post by Dima P. »

If you need to protect physical server, then Veeam agent license is required in Veeam B&R console. You can test it with Veeam agent trial key for our website.
jeisielmorais
Novice

Post by jeisielmorais »

Okay, but I did not understand the concept of protecting the physical server, could you explain me please?
Dima P.
Product Manager

Post by Dima P. »

For physical or cloud workloads persistent agent is required inside the guest operating system, thus you can use either standalone agent: Veeam Agent for Windows / Veeam Agent for Linux and manage those manually and locally or you can use Veeam B&R as a central management unit for your vm backup and agent backup.

Veeam Backup & Replication Standard is capable of backing up your virtual machines but does not include license for agent management functionality which is licensed separately (per-workstation/server license counters).