Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
daludds
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Lutz Kutscher

Error on (re)installing

Post by daludds »

Hi,
on my father's computer I had VEEAM Endpoint Backup (1.1.2.119) installed for some years. Always worked fine.
Today I noticed, that the Backup hadn't run for 3 weeks. The VEEAM Service was not running. After some tries starting it, I uninstalled, downloaded the current Version (Veeam Agent for Windows 2.2.0.589) and tried to install it.
First I got some SQLLocalDB 11.0 Errors :
The "DataDirectory" registry value is missing in the LocalDB instance registry key: {A01E2D26-DBD2-4AFE-8A7D-9CBC76CA679B}
I uninstalled SQL and removed the SQL Registry Key.
I deleted the VEEAM Program Data Directory.
After installing VEEAM Win once more, I now have a new Error, now from the VEEAMEndpointBackupSve Service:
Eine Windows Installer-Transaktion wird beendet: C:\Users\Staples\AppData\Local\Temp\RarSFX0\EndPoint\EndPoint\Veeam_B&R_Endpoint_x64.msi. Clientprozess-ID: 1764.
Does anyone have any Ideas, how to get VEEAM (either the old or the new version) running again?
BTW: Windows 7, x64 with 6GB RAM and Intel i5 650 CPU
TIA
Lutz
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Error on (re)installing

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Lutz,

1. Try to install all the components:

Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows
Microsoft SQL Server 2012 LocalDB
Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Management Objects
Microsoft SQL Server System CLR Types

2. Once done, create Recreatedatabase registry key as explained here.
3. Reboot the machine.
4. Rerun the installation of the latest available version (which is Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows v2.2).

Let us know how it goes. Cheers!