Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
tsanfilipp
Enthusiast
Liked: never
Full Name: Tim S

Question regarding removed users

Post by tsanfilipp »

I would like to know if there is a way to determine which users have been removed and if Veeam Backup for Office 365 even tracks that.

To test, I removed a test user this morning, saved the job and then exited the console. I then looked at the log files associated with the change and I did not see where the user was removed. I can see where the job was edited and then saved, but there is no logging of the actual user that was removed.

If this is how the current version is supossed to work can I then request a feature to be added to show the users that have been removed overtime and what jobs/repositories they were originally associated with? Just trying to make sure that if someone else were to get access to the console and removed a user by accident, that there is some kind of logging and notification of that process.
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 724 times

Re: Question regarding removed users

Post by PTide »

Hi,

Thank you for your request. Actually Veeam MP and Veeam ONE already provide that functionality for VBR jobs, so I think it's worth posting the request for job change tracking on the corresponding sub-forums too.

Thanks!
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi Tim,
Thank you for the future request. Just to be clear: You are talking about manual remove of a user in a job. If a user is removed from O365 itself, our solution will also pick that up and remove that user from the job when it is done through groups. Do you want to have that visible also? Or do you use O365 processes / reports for that?
tsanfilipp
Enthusiast

Post by tsanfilipp »

We currently add through users (long story), so when I remove a user from a backup job, I do it through the GUI. Does Veeam not log this type of action?
Mike Resseler
Product Manager

Post by Mike Resseler » 1 person likes this post

Hi Tim,

Unfortunately this is indeed not written down in the logs. I will make a feature request for this.

Thanks for letting us know
Mike
tsanfilipp
Enthusiast

Post by tsanfilipp »

Mike,

Thanks. As stated, it would be nice to have this documented, so we can get some kind of report down the road so we can see how many users added/deleted over a time period. Would this kind of data logging also be available if we added groups and not users?
Mike Resseler
Product Manager

Post by Mike Resseler » 1 person likes this post

I added the feature request. This won't make the next version anymore (this one is close to release) but it will be placed on the table for the next version