baber
Veteran
Liked: 4 times
Full Name: Babak Seyedi nejad

veeam explorer for oracle

Post by baber »

Dear all
Hi

Does Veeam has an application for oracle?
such as veeam explorer for oracle
how can i get this application ?

BR
Babak
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 724 times

Re: veeam explorer for oracle

Post by PTide »

Hi,

Would you be more specific what kind of an application are you looking for, please?

Thanks
baber
Veteran

Post by baber »

i saw this

https://www.veeam.com/oracle-backup-rec ... lorer.html

now i want get backup from my oracle is that a part from veeam availability suite or i can install that separately ?

BR
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 724 times

Post by PTide »

That's a part of VBR, so you don't have to install anything separately,

Thanks!
baber
Veteran

Post by baber »

so thanks now in VBR we have a part with this name or not?

BR
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi Baber,
As you can see here: https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... tml?ver=95:
Veeam Explorers are distributed as part of Veeam Backup & Replication and do not have to be installed separately, nor any of the above Explorers requires any additional license to be purchased as the available feature set for each Veeam Explorer depends entirely on the installed Veeam Backup & Replication edition.

Once you have a VM with an oracle database protected, you will be able to use the Veeam Explorer for Oracle. To do so, read this section: https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... tml?ver=95 carefully. It will explain what you need to do

Hope it helps
Mike
Andreas Neufert
VP, Product Management
Liked: 1401 times
Full Name: Andreas Neufert

Post by Andreas Neufert »

There are now 2 backup methods from Veeam for Oracle environments.

1) Image level Backup with Backup & Replication (VM) and integrated Veeam Agents (Physical Server/Cloud). It uses Oracle User Managed Backup methods to bring the database in a consistent state (alter database begin backup) and then backup on incremental forever block level (image of the disk). Optionally you can check for new Archive Log backups every 5-60 min and back them up automatically.
The restore can be done with your referenced Veeam Explorer for Oracle from Backup & Replication Console or with Self Service from Enterprise Manager (Browser).

2) With release of our Update 4 (Available as supported RTM version at the moment) we will add a backup method that focuses on the Oracle Administrators. They can use their standard backup methods used today to Orchestrate RMAN backups and use Veeam Repository Backup Targets with it. We call this Veeam Plug-in for Oracle RMAN. It will install a RMAN device on the Oracle Server and brin RMAN together with our Backup Target Repository. RMAN can be used for backup and restore. However if the Oracle Admin is not available in case of an emergency restore, you can still use Veeam Explorer for Oracle RMAN to recover the database back to the server. If needed this option can be deactivated by the Oracle Admin on the Oracle Server. => As I said Oracle Admin is under full control of this process.