Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
tom11011
Expert
Liked: 9 times
Full Name: Tom

VM Retention period issue

Post by tom11011 »

Hello.

I am having an issue where the retention period that is set in the job is not matching what is being saved on the backup server. We are running reverse incremental backups.

The retention period is set for 30. However, there are only 1 full and 13 incrementals being maintained. I'm trying to edit the job to increase the retention period in order to maximize the disk space on the server with as many backups as it can hold. As info, the C: drive contains the OS and the installation of the program. The D drive is solely dedicated to the backup storage.

Any help appreciated, not sure what I am doing wrong. As info, we backup each vm twice with 2 separate jobs. One job is to local storage, the other is to storage accross the wan for safe keeping. Could this somehow be confusing the the backup?

We are running version 5.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: VM Retention period issue

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello Tom,
tom11011 wrote:One job is to local storage, the other is to storage accross the wan for safe keeping. Could this somehow be confusing the the backup?
Definitely not. With Reversed Incremental backup mode the retention policy settings should be pretty straighforward. I have no ideas why it doesn't work for you. It would be better if you could reach our support team and provide full log files for investigation.

Thanks.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6700 times

Post by Gostev »

Are you using latest version, 5.0.2.230? From the issue description it sounds like you are on 5.0.2.224 and doing daily backups. Thanks.
tom11011
Expert
Liked: 9 times
Full Name: Tom

Post by tom11011 »

ah yes, I am on 224. Will upgrading to 230 solve this?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Yes, you need to upgrade to the latest build.