Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
mis
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Eris Bleta

File to Tape job is hanging

Post by mis »

I have a File to tape job that is hanging on Step "Building Protected object list" has been like that for 3 hours now. Does anyone know why this is happening, the server is live, nothing has changed recently, last month the job was ok, but not this month, I run this month once a month.

Thank you
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 724 times

Re: File to Tape job is hanging

Post by PTide »

Hi,

Do you copy files from a remote server or from a share? Does the account that is used to access the files has enough permissions?

Thanks!
mis
Influencer

Post by mis »

Is a shared server, and yes I have all the permissions
PTide
Product Manager

Post by PTide »

Do you run U3a?
mis
Influencer

Post by mis »

On Jan 9, 2019, I did an update on Version 4
PTide
Product Manager

Post by PTide »

Building list basically enumerates what's on the disk and compares it to the database. I suspect it might be the database slowdown so please contact our support team directly and let us know your case ID

Thanks!
mis
Influencer

Post by mis »

So basically any time that I update the memory Ram for that server the SQL is takin almost all the resource, for the moment I have a 64GB memory and the Veeam + SQL is any way to fix it?
PTide
Product Manager

Post by PTide »

I am not an expert in MSSQL, so please take this with a grain of salt:

1. SQL is reported to be designed in such way that it will attempt to cache as much of the database as it can, thus it will consume RAM until the whole database fits in cache. Setting min and max values might help.

2. There are opinions that in some cases a seemingly high memory consumption might not be that bad, especially when reported by Task Manager.

Anyway, I'd still suggest to contact our support team directly so they can make sure that the recent upgrade is not what causes high consumption.

Thanks!
mis
Influencer

Post by mis »

What is strange is: Veeam support did the update for my system with a version 4 that is not live yet, and now I have so many problems, license issue, update console only with admin rights. Do you know if any way for me to find the "veeamupdatev4.exe" if I have that I can create a script and I can run the update for all in once
PTide
Product Manager

Post by PTide »

<...>I have so many problems, license issue, update console only with admin rights.
You need to create a separate support case for each of the problems.

Do you know if any way for me to find the "veeamupdatev4.exe" if I have that I can create a script and I can run the update for all in once
Do you really want to update anything else? I would wait at least until the support team deals with the already existing post-U4-upgrade problems. Anyway, I haven't heard about such script as support team is supposed to use a simple .iso. All supported ways of update/deployment are described in the user guide.

Thanks!