PowerShell script exchange
kevin@wei.com
Influencer
Liked: 4 times
Full Name: Kevin Wood

Powershell Windows Agent 9.5 U4

Post by kevin@wei.com »

Has anyone started playing with the powershell commandlets in 9.5 U4?

I have a script that worked in 9.5 U3a that created a bunch of protection groups and added servers to each group. With 9.5 U4 and Veeam's change in licensing, it no longer works. It is complaining that my agent licenses are expired even though I can add an individual server and add it to a new protection group in the GUI.

I was wondering if anyone else had run into this issue and if you found any ways around it.

Ultimately now that the update is coming out, I want to script to take the next step and actually be able to build out the backup jobs after the groups are created which was not possible in 9.5 U3a.

Thanks,

Kevin
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: Powershell Windows Agent 9.5 U4

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi Kevin,

I am thinking here that this is because of the license change and the fact that you will need to get a new license file (which will be possible through your portal in a few weeks). Since I believe you are in a grace period for 90 days, the functionality keeps working for now.

But, to be sure, could you create a support call for it? So that it can be confirmed that this is the issue and not a bug in PowerShell

Thanks
Mike
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Powershell Windows Agent 9.5 U4

Post by veremin »

And also can you post here the code snippet as well as the error you got? Thanks!