Discussions related to using object storage as a backup target.
mkretzer
Veeam Legend
Liked: 387 times

Veeam Live Announcement: Cloud, S3, Other cloud, Other S3 and so on

Post by mkretzer »

Hello,

i must say i am disappointed again about the live announcement.

I know veeam is supporting more and more cloud workloads, moving backup to cloud and supports S3 now but why in the world must every Cloud service who provides a S3 or comparable object storage say how happy they are that they are now supported? I just don't care. You support an open standard and i just expect that i can now choose from different cloud vendors.

In the meantime there is a slide shown with "many tape enhancements, many other enhancements and so on"... For 10 seconds. But no more information!

I just don't get it. I know cloud is important and i am very happy to have more options now but please don't loose your connection to the technicians trying to get so simple things as fast tape jobs to run for example....

Markus
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Veeam Live Announcement: Cloud, S3, Other cloud, Other S3 and so on

Post by Dima P. » 1 person likes this post

Hello Markus.

The time on the stage was very limited to note every single improvement. As usual we have detailed What's New document which has all features and improvements explained. Please let us know if it works for you. Cheers!
mkretzer
Veeam Legend
Liked: 387 times

Post by mkretzer » 3 people like this post

Wow you implemented a feature request: veeam-backup-replication-f2/in-time-ins ... it=instant

Quite nice and now i understand. SO MANY NEW FEATURES! :-)
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6646 times

Post by Gostev »

Indeed, Danny had to skip that slide because by then, we overran by 5 min already :D we did of course plan to talk through some of those bullets, but no time was left.

PLEASE do submit feedback on the event that product guys should be given more time in the future! We could easily go for 1 hour, and even that would be barely enough to cover just the major features!