Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
Kevil-LTU
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Kevin Hill

Restore Agent Backup to Alternate Server

Post by Kevil-LTU »

Hi there, is it possible to restore a folder from an Agent backup to an alternative location on a different server (Also has the agent installed).

Whenever I try restore the files I cannot find an option to specify the restore location. I'd even settle for being able to mount the backup on the target server and manually copy the files out.

Is this possible?
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Re: Restore Agent Backup to Alternate Server

Post by wishr »

Hi Kevin,

Welcome to Veeam Community Forums and thanks for posting your query.

Is Bare-Metal recovery what you are looking for?

Thanks
Kevil-LTU
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Kevin Hill

Post by Kevil-LTU »

No, I'm just looking to restore a large amount of data from one server to another.
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Post by wishr »

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the clarification.

There are several options to achieve that. First, you can restore certain files to a network share on a new server using the "Copy to" button. This functionality is also available if you VAW performs backups to a B&R repository, or works in the Agent Management mode.

Secondly, if you have VAW installed on the target server (target for restoration), and your backup resides at a removable media (USB drive, whatever), you can attach that removable media to the target server, launch the restore wizard, and restore the required files to a required location on the target server.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Fedor