Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Frenchyaz
Influencer
Liked: 4 times

Feature Requests - daily reports

Post by Frenchyaz » 1 person likes this post

We are using Veeam Backup with Windows deduplication and the daily reports emailed may need some work:

1) Scale out repository report: The used space doesn't take into account deduplication, it states only the space on disk while showing the percentage free of the extent which is more accurate.
For instance, Extent 1 is 64TB large, has 75% free space but the used space is 47.6TB while the "real" free space is 49TB...

2) Agent backup job report: comparing to the regular VM backup report, the agent report is lacking data like Total size, data read, data transferred, backup size, dedupe and compression. These information would be nice to be added for multiple devices part of the same job like those not backed up with the agent.

Thank you.
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: Feature Requests - daily reports

Post by Shestakov » 1 person likes this post

Hello,
Have you checked such Veeam ONE reports as Scale-out Backup Repository and Agent Backup Job and Policy History?
Thanks.
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Post by wishr » 1 person likes this post

Hi Frenchyaz,

Thank you for the feedback.

I've checked the current Agent Management email notifications and can confirm that everything mentioned in point two already exists in B&R9.5 Update3a and later versions.

Regards,
Fedor
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin » 1 person likes this post

1) What stats are reported by Windows itself, there is no additional logic behind free space calculation, we just grad the value returned by the file system itself. Thanks!
Frenchyaz
Influencer
Liked: 4 times

Post by Frenchyaz »

1)Windows reports the size of the data used on disk (i.e. 47.9TB) and the actual amount of used space on disk (i.e. 3.92TB). Seems like Veeam returns the amount of data used on disk (47.9TB) but not the actual amount of free space (60TB). Basically it would be nice if the report takes into consideration deduped volumes and report the actual free space versus giving a percentage which doesn't add up with the amount of data on disk.

2)Also, somehow for the agent I receive 2 types of report: one which contains the data I said was missing and another one with the missing data.

3)It would be nice to add to the forum the possibility to put screenshots... another request ;o)

Thanks.
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Post by wishr »

Hi Frenchyaz,

You can upload a screenshot to any image hosting service, then put a link into your message using the below button:

Regarding, the doubled Agents email notifications, most likely it's related to your configuration. If you could explain your configuration in details (Agent Management/Standalone/to B&R repository, notification settings, etc.) we'll be able to assist with that.

Thanks