Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
stewsie
Expert
Liked: 20 times
Full Name: Paul

Veeam One Backup Reporting Database

Post by stewsie »

Some time ago I arranged to move the Veeam One database from one SQL server to another. I followed the information provided by Veeam but somehow the Veeam Backup Reporting database wasn't moved. The Veeam Reporter Enterprise registry key still points to the original source server even though in the Veeam settings the database specified is the new one.

I need to replace the Veeam One server (not the SQL server) so when I do this is it simply a case of stopping the Veeam One services and then copying the Veeam Backup reporting database to the existing database server where the Veeam One database is already running? Bit confused as to the purpose of the Backup reporting database.

Hope this makes sense to someone
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: Veeam One Backup Reporting Database

Post by Shestakov »

Hello Paul,
Could you clarify the goal once again? Do you want to replace (migrate) Veeam ONE Server or move Reporting database?
Thanks!
stewsie
Expert

Post by stewsie »

I want to replace the Veeam One server. The database was moved from the Veeam One server some time ago. I have seen the instructions how to replace the Veeam One server and in those notes it mentions checking the registry keys. It is here that I saw reference to the Reporting database still on the original SQL server where the Veeam One database used to reside. Do I need to move this to the SQL server where the Veeam One database resides?
Shestakov
Veteran

Post by Shestakov » 1 person likes this post

Here is KB you need with step-by-step instruction.
Answering your question, it's not necessary to move reporting database as it's part of Veeam ONE database. Check second part of the provided KB article.
Thanks!
stewsie
Expert

Post by stewsie »

Thanks for the info. I moved the database last year following those instructions and the Veeam One database was migrated. Veeam Backup Reporting database remains in the original location. Should that also have been moved or is that no longer required?
Shestakov
Veteran

Post by Shestakov » 1 person likes this post

Are you sure it's Veeam ONE Backup Reporting Database, not just Veeam Backup Reporting Database?
Most likely it's a database related to Veeam Backup & Replication, which is independent from Veeam ONE database.
It explains why it didn't move with Veeam ONE database.
Thanks!
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. » 1 person likes this post

Veeam Backup Reporting database is the database for Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager, so if you need to move this too, then please check out this thread.