Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Regnor
VeeaMVP
Liked: 291 times
Full Name: Max

Monitoring of independent Veeam environments

Post by Regnor »

I'm wondering what the best and easiest way is to monitor different, independent Veeam Backup environments.
We have some customers who manage their backup on their own but we're monitoring the jobs/status and inform them or react on errors.
I was thinking about setting up a central instance with Enterprise Manager or Veeam Availability Console in order to have all installations in a single dashboard.
But I'm not sure which solution fits better and whether the Availability Console can manage non service provider environments.

How do other customers and partners monitor such environments?
Is there perhaps a better solution which I don't see at the moment (besides Email reporting)?
bdufour
Expert
Liked: 41 times
Full Name: blake dufour

Re: Monitoring of independent Veeam environments

Post by bdufour » 1 person likes this post

i use veeam one, really like it. gives you monitoring over not just veeam, but your entire virtual infrastructure. its not that hard to set up, and for the customers that are managing their own backups. id have them install veeamone, just add you guys to the alerts you need for veeam. then they also get the benefit of a monitoring their entire virtual infrastructure from veeam one.
Regnor
VeeaMVP

Post by Regnor »

I didn't think about Veeam One but the free license could be just sufficient. On the other hand it's a additional peace of software on the backup server with some overhead.
I also see an advantage if we had a single dashboard as it gives a current state of the backups and doesn't depend on SMTP.
Regnor
VeeaMVP

Post by Regnor »

Anyone using Veeam Availability Console for Enterprise for such a task?
Is it possible or supported to mange/view customer environments at all?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Regnor,

There are lots of service providers using VAC today, but depending on your use case both solutions. For on-prem (local) deployments it is easier to use Veeam ONE and EM. If you need multi-tenancy and connection over the WAN (powered by cloud gateways due to no direct network connection), then VAC is a way to go.

I can see that your profile belongs to a service provider, so I've added you to the private VCSP forums. There are multiple topics with the same query, please check them out ;)

Thanks!
Regnor
VeeaMVP

Post by Regnor »

Thanks Vitaliy. :)
I've found some good topics but I think I'll have to set it up and check it out myself.