Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
elecdave
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: David Deitrich

ApplicationImpersonation Role not assigned when adding Organization

Post by elecdave »

I downloaded the trial for VeeamBackup for Microsoft Office 365. We do not have an Exchange Online instance, but we are using Sharepoint Online and One Drive for Business. Needless to say, I was trying to add our organization, and it succeeds up until it Checks the ApplicationImpersonation Role, and it says "Role is Not Assigned". I am the Global Administrator and Sharepoint Administrator. During this process, I deselect "Exchange Online" so I don't think it's an issue with this role and Exchange. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: ApplicationImpersonation Role not assigned when adding Organization

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi David,

Unfortunately, in the current version, we cannot separate them. We will be able to do so in our next version. I believe that a working workaround should be that you assign the user you are using certain rights. For those, see here: https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/vbo36 ... tml?ver=20. Note that the specific user does not need to have a mailbox but does need to belong to the organization

Cheers
Mike
elecdave
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: David Deitrich

Post by elecdave »

Mike,

Thanks for the quick reply. Meanwhile, after I read your reply, I went to the Admin portal in Office 365. I saw an instance of Exchange. While, we do not have any Exchange Online users or licenses, it did allow me to add an account for the ApplicationImpersonation role. Once I did add the account, I was able at complete the install of Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365. I also want to say that I backed up our Dynamics 365 Sharepoint site to a local SSD drive attached via USB, and I was extremely satisfied how easy is is to use and setup! Thanks again!
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi David,

Good news and thanks for letting us know. It is indeed true that MFST will roll-out the full blown O365 services, even if you only have, for example, an exchange-only plan. So that is the reason why you could create that role. But as said, in our next version (watch this forum for updates very soon) you will be able to choose your service.