Agent-based backup of Windows, Linux, Max, AIX and Solaris machines.
Jeff M
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Jeffrey Michael James
Location: Texas Tech Univ. TOSM Computer Center, 8th Street & Boston Avenue, Lubbock, TX 79409-3051

9.5 U4

Post by Jeff M »

Can anyone confirm if agent upgrades pushed from B&R server will require reboots? If so, will a particular server that cant be rebooted continue to backup after update has been applied to B&R server?
Jeff M
Data Center Operations
Technology Operations & Systems Management
Texas Tech University System
jeff.james@ttu.edu
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: 9.5 U4

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Jeff,

Reboot is not always required, it depends on the OS our Agent is running on and other factors, for example:
- CBT driver installation
- the reboot might be required by the operating system itself (pending operation)

Thanks!
Jeff M
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Jeffrey Michael James
Location: Texas Tech Univ. TOSM Computer Center, 8th Street & Boston Avenue, Lubbock, TX 79409-3051

Post by Jeff M »

What I really need to know is, if I update a B&R Server with u4 that is backing up both Windows and Linux agents, if after update a server requires reboot will it continue to backup if it can not be rebooted immediately. Or will it have to be rebooted before it will backup again? This is critical to whether or not I am able to update to U4 or not.
In other words if an agent server is pending reboot after update U4 applied will it continue to backup prior to reboot?

Jeff
Jeff M
Data Center Operations
Technology Operations & Systems Management
Texas Tech University System
jeff.james@ttu.edu
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

If a computer protected with Veeam Agent reports that it requires a reboot operation, then backup jobs will not start. The only situation when it will allow you to start a job is the installation of the CBT driver, all other operations (such as .NET upgrade, SQL components upgrade, etc.) will ask for a reboot before starting a backup job. Hope this helps!
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

if I update a B&R Server with u4 that is backing up both Windows and Linux agents, if after update a server requires reboot will it continue to backup if it can not be rebooted immediately.
You can uncheck the box to perform reboot automatically under the protection group settings. When required - you can reboot the machine manually.