Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
Gil_Bou
Novice
Liked: 1 time

Bootable Media stuck on green screen

Post by Gil_Bou »

Hello,

Using Veeam agent for windows on 18 physical computers, managed by a Veeam backup and replication server.

Backup part is up and runing fine. I created an USB bootable stick by creating a recovery media from a win10 computer in B&R console, then burning it to usb with rufus. Burning went fine, no error.

When i plug the usb stick on a new computer, i can chose it as a boot media. Boot sequence starts and i get stuck on a green screen. Like it would stop booting right before printing the menus.

Anyone ever seen this behavior ?

Thanks
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Bootable Media stuck on green screen

Post by Dima P. »

Hello and welcome to the community Gil_Bou,

Try to change from legacy to UEFI boot in your machine's BIOS settings, and let us know if it helped. Thanks!
Gil_Bou
Novice

Post by Gil_Bou »

Hello and thank you for the welcome, and the advice.

I already tried both UEFI and Legacy + enabling / disabling secure boot. It didnt help.

Could it be the size of the usb stick ? I had a 64Gb one that never got detected at all, and the one that get stuck on green screen is 32Gb.

Thanks
Gil_Bou
Novice

Post by Gil_Bou » 1 person likes this post

Problem solved after B&R upgrade to 9.5U4 and push upgrade agents. Then recreate the recovery media and burn it.
Worked on an USB3 16Gb usb key.