Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
howartp
Enthusiast
Liked: 8 times
Full Name: Peter Howarth

View stats of previous job runs

Post by howartp »

Hi,

When you click on a recurring job in the GUI, you can either view a report of the jobs' history, or the stats of the most recent run.

When I had support on a webex recently, I heard them pressing a key combination which I'm pretty sure cycled the stats through previous runs of the job.

Is this something we can do, or was I mistaken?

Ultimately what I want to see is the transfer rate of jobs - this doesn't get logged in the history report - is this available in the GUI anywhere?

Peter
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: View stats of previous job runs

Post by foggy »

howartp wrote:...I heard them pressing a key combination which I'm pretty sure cycled the stats through previous runs of the job.
Arrow keys. ;)
howartp
Enthusiast

Post by howartp »

Doh...! :oops:

It sounded like spacebar the way the engineer was hitting them on the webex (I could hear him) so I thought it was a hidden key combination.

I did try Up/Down, and possibly Right, but as I was on the last entry Right did nothing!

Thank you!

Peter
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

You're welcome. Actually, this tip is mentioned in the user guide, in the section describing realtime statistics window.
dellock6
Veeam Software
Liked: 1928 times
Full Name: Luca Dell'Oca

Post by dellock6 »

I've seen this doubt quite some times as of now, maybe we can think about adding graphical arrow buttons to navigate through summaries.

Luca.
Luca Dell'Oca
Principal EMEA Cloud Architect @ Veeam Software

@dellock6
https://www.virtualtothecore.com/
vExpert 2011 -> 2022
Veeam VMCE #1
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

Have thought of that too, some kind of visual tip would be helpful.
howartp
Enthusiast

Post by howartp »

Ditto - I was going to suggest this when foggy mentioned it was in the guide, but I was out and about and forgot when I got back to the office.
mcosens
Novice
Liked: never

[MERGED] Feature Request: Statistics navigation buttons

Post by mcosens »

I'm using Veeam Backup & Replication 9. When I pull up the statistics for a job, it just shows the statistics for the most recently run job. I did not see how to view previous days statistics. While I was working on an issue with Veeam support, I asked them how to pull the statistics for previous run jobs. They told me to use the arrow keys to move back and forward through the days of the job. He described it as "like the best kept secret of the GUI" and said it was only mentioned in one place in the user guide.
I think it would be beneficial and more user friendly if there were buttons labeled Next and Previous or Back.
mcosens
Novice

Post by mcosens »

Can we change this thread into a "Feature Request" for visual buttons for navigating through the history of the statistics? It would be nice to have "previous" and "next" buttons you could just click on to navigate through this.
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

Sure, request is accepted. Thanks for your feedback.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

A bit unrelated, but if you have Veeam ONE (part of Availability Suite) you can use this report > Backup Jobs Historical Information
corby
Influencer
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Corby Agid

[MERGED] Feature Request - Forward and Back buttons for job

Post by corby »

Probably everyone knows when you double-click and open a job, the status of the job is displayed.

Some people may not realize that by using the left and right arrow keys on the keyboard allow you to scroll through the status of previous runs of the job. (Tech support showed me that trick many years ago).

I think it would be great to have left and right arrow buttons in the UI that do the same thing. It would make knowing about that feature much more obvious.

Also, very minor bug related to this. If you press the button to "hide details" and then press "show details", the left and right arrow buttons can no longer be used to scroll through job history. Instead, the left and right keyboard arrow buttons now change the focus of the UI buttons (The only way I know to get out of that is to close the window and re-open it). I'm seeing this in V9, not sure if it was that way in previous versions. Having left and right arrow buttons in the UI would also mitigate this bug.

Thanks
EugeneK
Veeam Software
Liked: 43 times
Full Name: Eugene Kashperovetskyi

Re: Feature Request - Forward and Back buttons for job statu

Post by EugeneK »

I like the idea, thanks for sharing the tip, Corby!
Eugene K
VMCA, VCIX-DCV, vExpert
Delo123
Veteran
Liked: 109 times
Full Name: Guido Meijers

Re: Feature Request - Forward and Back buttons for job statu

Post by Delo123 »

Actually on my Notebook the left arrow key is broken, wanting to quickly check a job log always made me want to request this but somehow never did, good one!
cadey
Lurker
Full Name: Cory Adey

Post by cadey »

I realise that this thread is a few years old now but as of 9.5 Update 4 this still hasn't been implemented. When you do add these previous and next buttons, consider adding a drop down between them listing all of the available job histories and type? This could also serve the dual purpose of listing the date of the displayed job as currently, although listed in the job log, this isn't prominently displayed in the interface.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Cory,

Every feature receives its priority and is compared to other pending features that affect all customers or are strategical to the product; this should shed some light on the process of how features are "approved" (decided to be included) for the next release. Thanks for your feedback anyway!