Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
shjackal
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Yves Schmidli

Scale-Out moving per VM Backups to different Extent

Post by shjackal »

Hey Everyone,

We have a Scaleout-Repository with 3 Extents, Configured with Data Locality, with Per VM Backups (Veeam Version 9.5 U4). One of them got a bit full, so we wanted to move the Backup Chain of one VM to another directory. (Backup Copy Job).
I think i have done this already in earlier Versions, and from what i read in the forum this should not be a problem.
So i moved the Files from one VM to the Folder of the same Job on another extent and made a Rescan. But now the Backup Copy job is still searching for the files on the old extent.
Am i completely wrong and the files cannot be moved like that? Or is this a Bug in U4? Or did i miss something else?

Thanks

Jacky
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: Scale-Out moving per VM Backups to different Extent

Post by Gostev »

Hi, Yves - yes, it still works like that, confirmed in the lab. Try do the rescan again (make sure Backup Copy job is not running in the process), and if it does not help - please contact support for further troubleshooting. Thanks!
shjackal
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Yves Schmidli

Re: Scale-Out moving per VM Backups to different Extent

Post by shjackal »

Hey Gostev,

Hmm ok i see, i got it working now.
The problem seemed to be, that i did not pause / disable the copy job while rescaning the Scale-Out Repo - as you suggested.

Thank you very much for for you help and the insanely quick answer.
Have a nice rest of the Weekend :-)

Kind regards,
Yves