PowerShell script exchange
Narwhal
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Narwhal

Problems with Add-VBRCopyJob

Post by Narwhal »

Hi,

I just installed Veeam 9.5U4, and I'm trying to script the file copy of many VM's using Veeam, as we want to have an exact replica of VM's with all their snapshots. As we have between 1000 and 2000 VM's, I thought PowreShell would be the correct choice to script it.

However, when I try to run that cmdlet with different parameters, I always get the following error:

Code: Select all

Add-VBRCopyJob : Cannot validate argument on parameter 'Name'. Microsoft SQL server hosting the configuration database is currently 
unavailable. Possible reasons are heavy load, networking issue, server reboot, or hot backup.
Please wait, and try again later.
Error information:
Microsoft SQL server hosting the configuration database is currently unavailable. Possible reasons are heavy load, networking issue, server 
reboot, or hot backup.
Error information:
Could not find stored procedure 'GetJobsAll'.
At line:1 char:22
+ Add-VBRCopyJob -Name 'Test'
+                      ~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : InvalidData: (:) [Add-VBRCopyJob], ParameterBindingValidationException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : ParameterArgumentValidationError,Veeam.Backup.PowerShell.Cmdlets.AddVBRCopyJob

C:\Users\Administrator> Add-VBRCopyJob 
Add-VBRCopyJob : Parameter set cannot be resolved using the specified named parameters.
At line:1 char:1
+ Add-VBRCopyJob
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : InvalidArgument: (:) [Add-VBRCopyJob], ParameterBindingException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : AmbiguousParameterSet,Veeam.Backup.PowerShell.Cmdlets.AddVBRCopyJob
And it's not a MSSQL server issue from what I can tell; this is happening on two different Veeam servers, and other powershell commands work just fine.

Anyone knows what could be going on? It does look like there's a problem with a stored procedure not being found.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Problems with Add-VBRCopyJob

Post by veremin »

Are you running the script under Administrator account? If not, try to do so and see whether it solves the issue. Thanks!
Narwhal
Novice

Post by Narwhal »

Just tried running it under an Administrator account, but got the same result unfortunately.

Code: Select all

PS C:\Users\Administrator> add-vbrcopyjob -Name 'Test'
Add-VBRCopyJob : Cannot validate argument on parameter 'Name'. Microsoft SQL server hosting the configuration database
is currently unavailable. Possible reasons are heavy load, networking issue, server reboot, or hot backup.
Error information:
Microsoft SQL server hosting the configuration database is currently unavailable. Possible reasons are heavy load,
networking issue, server reboot, or hot backup.
Error information:
At line:1 char:22
+ add-vbrcopyjob -Name 'Test'
+                      ~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : InvalidData: (:) [Add-VBRCopyJob], ParameterBindingValidationException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : ParameterArgumentValidationError,Veeam.Backup.PowerShell.Cmdlets.AddVBRCopyJob

PS C:\Users\Administrator>
veremin
Product Manager

Post by veremin »

The cmdlet is rather old one and has not been updated for a few versions now, so, it behaves unexpectedly (got the similar results in my lab, actually). Thanks!
Narwhal
Novice

Post by Narwhal »

The cmdlet is rather old one and has not been updated for a few versions now, so, it behaves unexpectedly (got the similar results in my lab, actually). Thanks!
Ok, thanks for your answer. Is there any other cmdlet that might allow me to do the same thing? That is, setting up File Copy jobs?
veremin
Product Manager

Post by veremin »

Unfortunately, nothing comes to my mind. However, we will investigate the issue internally and try to address it in future updates. Thanks!
veremin
Product Manager

Post by veremin »

Confirmed as a bug, planned to be fixed in one of the next minor product releases. Thanks!