Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
stack111
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Ahmad Jayyusi

[SOLVED] Veeam fails to connect to EMC Data domain after installing update 4

Post by stack111 »

Hi,

Today I upgarded Veeam to update 4 (from 3a) and after that all jobs are faiuling with below logs..

2/8/2019 8:32:08 PM Warning Failed to synchronize Namar EMC Data Domain Details: Failed to call RPC function 'DDBoostFindUnitInfo': the user has insufficient access rights. Err: 5075. Failed to connect to storage. Storage: DFC-Namar, User: DDBoost.

Failed to call RPC function 'DDBoostFindUnitInfo': the user has insufficient access rights. Err: 5075. Failed to connect to storage. Storage: DFC-NAMAR, User: DDBoost.

Please note that the password for the "DDBoost" on data domain was not changed,I already logged a case with Veeam, its ID # is 03406419

Can you help in this?
stack111
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Ahmad Jayyusi

Re: Veeam fails to connect to EMC Data domain after installing update 4

Post by stack111 »

Ok, we found the solution, the data domain was asking to change the password for that user (DDBoost) and it get locked because Veeam was trying to connect multiple times with the old password. Once we changed the password on the data domain then in Veeam, jobs are working back normal.
jmmarton
Veeam Software
Liked: 309 times
Full Name: Joe Marton

Re: [SOLVED] Veeam fails to connect to EMC Data domain after installing update 4

Post by jmmarton »

Note that you can also change the default expiry of the Boost user's password.

https://community.emc.com/docs/DOC-65943

Joe
gmajestix
Service Provider
Liked: 5 times

Re: [SOLVED] Veeam fails to connect to EMC Data domain after installing update 4

Post by gmajestix »

The same happened to me. Password for DataDomain expired after 365 days. It clicked when I opened the credentials in Veeam for the DataDomain backup repository :)