Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
ChrisGundry
Veteran
Liked: 40 times
Full Name: Chris Gundry

Guest disk space alarm bug?

Post by ChrisGundry »

Since upgrading to v9.5 U4 I have noticed that any servers that slip under 10% free disk space are triggering the usual alarm, but they are coming through as an ERROR straight away, instead of the usual WARNING. I have checked and the alarm is still set to 10% for warning and 5% for warning. So in our case a VM at 10%, 9% and another at 8% should both be showing as WARNING but are in fact showing as ERROR.

I notice that the v9.5 U4 alarm settings are different to how they used to be in that there is now an AND added into the rule. It seems that this AND only has a severity of ERROR associated with it, so I guess that it is this that is causing the alert to always be ERROR and not WARNING.

Perhaps I am missing something but it seems there is a bug in the way this alarm is working?

I did raise it with support in an ongoing case I have about VeeamONE but they have not been able to say much.

Thanks
ChrisGundry
Veteran

Re: Guest disk space alarm bug?

Post by ChrisGundry »

Update...

I just clicked the 'defaults' option in the disk space alarm and noticed that the AND statement severity went from ERROR to Information... This is very odd to me as I have not changed this setting since installing U4... I have clicked apply on this change and now the alarm is showing as a WARNING instead of ERROR.

Is someone able to explain the logic of what the AND statement is doing in this case and why it would have been set to ERROR but when I clicked default it changed to Information?

Thanks
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Post by Shestakov »

Hi Chris,
There is a known v9.5 update 4 issue with Guest disk space alarm. Please contact Veeam support for the fix.
Thank you!
ChrisGundry
Veteran

Post by ChrisGundry »

Nikita: As you can see in my original post, I did contact support, they were not able to explain the issue.

As I said in my last post the 'defaults' option has reverted the alarm to defaults, even though I didn't change them, and it is now working. Support were not able to explain why this had happened.
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Post by Shestakov »

Hello Chris,
Could you provide the support case number?
Thanks!