Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
helfire
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Chris Haswell

Backup to local then copy to cloud connect

Post by helfire »

Hello quite new to veeam so still learning alot.

At present ive set up cloud connect in our office as a backup target for a test client. I seeded the backup and all seems to be working fine the agent backs up each night over the internet to our onsite VBR cloud connect server. The client is running v3 and our setup is all on 9.5 U4. Cloud gateway, WAN accelerator, enterprise manager & VBR all installed on separate VM's in our site.

Now this is working i want to have an additional backup kept on the clients server for fast recoveries. Do i need to just create a new job to do this or is their a way to have two targets on the one backup ie. their local drive and the cloud connect repository ?

Also can you make use of the WAN accelerator on the clients side with just the VAW installed or do you need a VBR server aswell?

Thanks

Chris
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Backup to local then copy to cloud connect

Post by Dima P. »

Hello helfire.
Do i need to just create a new job to do this or is their a way to have two targets on the one backup ie. their local drive and the cloud connect repository ?
From Veeam Agent for Windows you can create two separate backup jobs - one for local target and one for Veeam Cloud Connect repository.
Also can you make use of the WAN accelerator on the clients side with just the VAW installed or do you need a VBR server aswell?
If you store backup file at Veeam B&R repository and then perform backup copy from Veeam B&R to Cloud Connect WAN acceleration will work. Primary agent backup jobs (i.e. direct backup from agent to Veeam Cloud Connect repository) currently do not support WAN acceleration.
helfire
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Chris Haswell

Re: Backup to local then copy to cloud connect

Post by helfire »

Thanks , as its only a single server at present maybe a bit of an overkill to install a VBR server, but maybe later on if they require the individual workstation backups aswell.