Agent-based backup of Windows, Linux, Max, AIX and Solaris machines.
rpatty
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Ross Patty

How to remove computers from Physical and Cloud > Manually Added section [solved]

Post by rpatty »

I tried pushing an agent to a server and typoed its name. Now I've got a bogus entry in the Inventory > Physical & Cloud Infrastructure > Manually Added list. For the life of me I can't figure out how to get it back out. I would assume that functionality is necessary as part of retiring a server, or you'd have an infinitely growing list of defunct boxes.

Is there a way to delete that I'm just missing? Thanks.
rpatty
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Ross Patty

Re: How to remove computers from Physical and Cloud > Manually Added section

Post by rpatty » 1 person likes this post

Wait, sorry, just found it. In case anyone else is stumped by this you have to right-click the Manually Added folder, select Properties, and then go to the Computers section. It makes sense now, but since I didn't add them this way, I didn't know that folder worked that way, and thought it was just organizational.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: How to remove computers from Physical and Cloud > Manually Added section [solved]

Post by Dima P. »

Hi Ross.

Glad you nailed it! Indeed machines added by IP or host name via backup job's 'Add' control are displayed under Manually Added protection group. It's possible to modify the content of the Manually added protection group when it's required.