Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
ernestforman
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Ernest Forman

Restoring C drive from specific point in time

Post by ernestforman »

I'm using the free version of Veeam for Windows. I have both a C and D drive being backed up.
Veeam updates the backup automatically. I just deleted many folders from my C drive (Roaming) which took up a lot of space.
If I want to restore the C drive from the point just before I deleted those folders, how do I go about it? If this is not possible, how can I use Veeam in the future to make it possible to restore the C or D drives from a specific point in time?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Ernest
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Restoring C drive from specific point in time

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello Ernest,

There is no way to restore only specific files and folders from the selected date automatically (aka "differential restore"). However, you can manually select the required restore point, select all missing files & folders and then perform the restore operation.

Thank you!
ernestforman
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Ernest Forman

Post by ernestforman »

What I'd like to be able to do is take and name a backup at specific times, say the beginning of each month and then be able to restore the entire C drive from any of the monthly backups. Is this possible?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Ernest,

Yes, you can select using the Standalone Backup option which is independent of the retention policy and which does not affect incremental backup chain. In the case of the DR, you will always have a copy of the full VM image to restore data from drive C.

Thanks!