Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
Windos
Influencer
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Josh King

[Feature Request] Integration with the Main Veeam Backup & Replication Console

Post by Windos »

The Office 365 tool is independent of other Veeam products. I'm used to opening up the VBR console every morning to check the status of various backup and copy jobs... and now I have to open a second console to check the status of a second set of backup jobs.

Part of the allure of the Veeam Availability Suite is that it provides a single pane of glass for our disaster recovery infrastructure. Through it we can see all of the copies, on all of the media, that's protecting our data.

But not now that we're branching off to the cloud.

In a future release, I hope I'll be able to plug Office 365 functionality into the VBR console. Even if it has to distinguish backup proxies and repositories as being specifically for Office 365 jobs, I still want to see them in there.

I'd even settle for being able to see the jobs and their status in the VBR console, but have to fall back to the O365 console to change/add/remove jobs.
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: Feature Request: Integration with the Main Veeam Backup & Replication Console

Post by Mike Resseler »

Josh, (and all reading this...)

With absolutely no promise on anything... I want to get the question back to you...

- What would you prefer:
1. Seeing some statistics and jobs and small things into the VBO console?
2. Having a central "view" that shows data of different Veeam products (minimum view) where you would "jump" into the VBO console (or VBR) when troubleshooting or error fixing is necessary
3. Integration into a 3rd party?
4. <type in your own wish> :-)

Let me know
Windos
Influencer
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Josh King

Re: Feature Request: Integration with the Main Veeam Backup & Replication Console

Post by Windos »

The central "view" idea sounds interesting, especially as a "launch pad" to various products.

It'd solve my immediate want for seeing VBO and VBR jobs "together"-ish... but also provides Veeam flexibility to add other products later if anything else comes down the pipeline (without bloating the poor VBR console lol.)

If it were a case of bringing stats into an existing console, my preference would be to bring them into the VBR console (rather than bring VBR stats into the VBO console). This is mainly because VBR is still my "primary" console and the chances I'd need to "dive in" on VBR is much higher than with VBO.
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Post by Mike Resseler »

Thanks for the feedback Josh.
scott.anderson
Service Provider
Liked: 15 times
Full Name: Scott Anderson

Post by scott.anderson »

I'd like to see it in the B&R console, but can understand that its getting a bit crowded in there.

B&R Enterprise Manager may be a better location.