Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
Windos
Influencer
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Josh King

Feature Request: Dark Theme

Post by Windos »

This is probably a wider feature request that just the O365 product... but since I've been spamming my feature requests here, and this is the product that made me think of it, enjoy?

I've been testing the v3 beta, and the change to defaulting to the darker Sea Green colour got me thinking... can we get a proper dark theme that affects the whole console and not just the coloured parts?

I have dark themes enabled in any and all apps that have it... including Windows itself and would turn it on the O365 console in a heart beat.

p.s. sorry for all the feature request spam, this is the last one for now.
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: Feature Request: Dark Theme

Post by Mike Resseler »

Josh,

First: You don't need to apologize for the requests. We like those. I will never promise it will make version X or Y but it does learn us very well on what is needed with different customers. The downside for us is that we have FR's in our solution already for another 10 versions ;-)

Second: The dark theme: I assume you are using the dark app mode that is in windows now?
Windos
Influencer
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Josh King

Post by Windos »

I certainly am, forced the 1809 update onto my work laptop recently just so that it'd apply to File Explorer and the like.

I try to dark mode everything I can... it can be jarring now when I open something that's primarily white!
AhmedS
Influencer
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Ahmed Sayed

Post by AhmedS »

+1
rwgustason
Novice
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Ryan Gustason

Post by rwgustason »

Adding a true dark theme would be great. I'm actually surprised that Facebook beat you guys to it... LOL
Polina
Veeam Software
Liked: 681 times
Full Name: Polina Vasileva

Post by Polina » 2 people like this post

Hi Ryan,

Your request is noted.
(I actually would have been surprised if Facebook had beaten Veeam in data protection :) )
gMSP-Mike
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Mike Leone

Post by gMSP-Mike »

+1 on this
Mike Resseler
Product Manager

Post by Mike Resseler »

Thanks Mike, unfortunately no plans at this point in time for the desktop UI. Would you want to stay with the desktop UI or prefer a more modern, web-based UI?
gMSP-Mike
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Mike Leone

Post by gMSP-Mike »

Realistically, I would prefer a web UI as long as it is as complete and full featured as the desktop app. I find too many times when products move to web, they get "cut-down" to make the web UI less busy. I have an application today that we are moving to a web UI by April, and we made the desktop app essentially a web-browser in disguise because a lot of our clients are older and are afraid of buzzwords like cloud and web, but the younger attorneys will most always choose the web UI and we have it as full-featured as the product out today. It's only RAM, especially on chrome. A single tab using 4GB of RAM is nothing nowadays.

Even my backup server today, we don't use the UI on it. I have a management workstation that has the UI. We tried the current web UI you have out now but, it is only 20%-30% as capable as the current desktop UI. Especially at the complexity of my setup with numerous virtual stacks in different datacenters and the SOBR tiering, offloading, WAN Acceleration, etc... However that was 11. I haven't looked at it since moving to 12.
Mike Resseler
Product Manager

Post by Mike Resseler »

Thank you for this additional feedback. Very interesting information, much appreciated