Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
zadrian
Expert
Liked: 4 times

How to schedule replication job after backup up copy

Post by zadrian »

Hi and Thanks in advance.

I have some jobs but I will use one as an example....

Job 1
Daily at 10pm a "reverse incremental" Backup job starts for a VM. Usually takes about 45 min. Veeam-HQ will backup VM to a Synology NAS (running SATA HDD)

Job 2
Then a backup copy job runs. I got no idea how this is triggered (Copy Interval daily at 12 midnight), the Backup copy job have 2 objects that include the VM (added "from infrastructure") and back job (added "from jobs"). Veeam-HQ will copy backup VM to Site-1 Synology NAS (running SATA HDD) via WAN accelerator using Veeam-Site-1.

The issue is that sometimes the backup copy job can run longer than usual....(like today for no apparent reason)
- These are the jobs with time taken : HDD 2 ( 1.2TB) read 25 MB/s (03:35:25)....HDD 1 (200GB) read 41 MB/s (3:48)
- ** The backup copy job can be stuck at 99% for a long time : merging oldest incremental backup into full backup & creating restore point (taking over 3hr-5hr, I do not know if they are same jobs as their clock seems to run in sync only approx 1 minute apart).**

Job 3
Daily 5:30am A replication job will then create replica of the VM (source Site-1 Synology NAS) to a ESXi host with SSD storage.
The time 5:30am was taken as most days, the backup copy job would have finished by 4am to 4:30am. But today at 10:21am, the backup copy job was still running (see **).

So is there a way to schedule replica jobs only after the backup copy job completes ?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: How to schedule replication job after backup up copy

Post by foggy »

One of the solutions is to use post-job script to trigger replication job.
zadrian
Expert

Post by zadrian »

Will the post-job-script run the replication job (means I will need to turn off the schedule of the replication job) or will it run a copy of the replication job (means I can disable the replication job) ?
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

It will run whatever job you would like it to run - you just put the job name there. For this job you need to disable the schedule, right.
zadrian
Expert

Post by zadrian »

I know it will run, but will I still see logs for the replication job ?

BTW, can I use the command line shown in the replication job summary "Command line to start the job on backup server: "C:\Program Files\Veeam\Backup and Replication\Backup\Veeam.Backup.Manager.exe" backup c82cd675-577a-4e7d-b252-f5f7bed2d1b6" ?

That means the post-job script actually does like a "run now" on the scheduled jobs ?
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

Yes, it is similar to "run now" and yes, you will see the job session in Veeam B&R as for any other job. You can use either this command or trigger the job via PowerShell.
zadrian
Expert

Post by zadrian »

Thanks...will try....