Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
albertwt
Veeam Legend
Liked: 46 times

Windows Agent Backup license incompatible with VBR 9.5 Update 4?

Post by albertwt »

Hi Veeam Team,

If I wanted to use Windows Agent Backup for all of the physical servers and also 2x VMware vSphere Clustering VMs into the Backup Repository managed by Veeam Backup & Replication 9.5.4.2615 (Update 4), is that possible?

Because I had to roll back the Update 4, by reinstalling the Veeam Backup server to Update 3.

Case: 03431864
--
/* Veeam software enthusiast user & supporter ! */
albertwt
Veeam Legend
Liked: 46 times

[MERGED] Backing up Windows 2016 MSCS (cluster) running SQL Server 2017 not working with Windows Agent Backup on Update

Post by albertwt »

Can anyone here please clarify if the latest edition of Veeam Backup & Replication 9.5.4.2615 (Update 4) can be used with Windows Agent Backup?

I had to manually install new Veeam Backup server and rollback the configuration database into Veeam Backup & Replication 9.5.0.1922

Because from the last week experience, the Veeam Windows Agent backup is always failed, hence the SQL Server 2017 Cluster on Windows Server 2016 backup always failed.

Case: 03431861
--
/* Veeam software enthusiast user & supporter ! */
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Re: Backing up Windows 2016 MSCS (cluster) running SQL Server 2017 not working with Windows Agent Backup on VBR 9.5 Upda

Post by wishr »

Hi Albert,

There should not be any issues with that. Please keep working with our support team on the case, logs analysis should shed the light on the root cause.

P.S. I've merged your threads into a single one.

Thanks,
Fedor