Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
TheMonk
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Chris Armitage

Can the backup console be run from an RDS server?

Post by TheMonk »

Hi there

I'm running the latest veeam (Update 4) and I've recently got my applications guy to install the Veeam Backup and ReplicationIs this remote console for me. We run a VDI environment and he has installed it on a Applications RDS server.

When I click the shortcut presented to me the Console opens and I can log into my Veeam main server with it. However the issue occurs when I try to run a restore of any kind. I get the message "Value cannot be null. Parameter name: disposableObject" I can only click ok and the error disappears.

However when I look at Running jobs I can see the job has started but lts literally on the first step (so eg: File Level restore started) with no duration or anything and I can only cancel the job by selecting stop session.

Is this because of how the console is installed? can it not run via or be published via an RDS or is there something we need to do to run it like that?

Cheers
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Re: Can the backup console be run from an RDS server?

Post by wishr »

Hi Chris,

It's hard to say what is causing this without looking at the details. Could you please open a support case and let us know it's number?

Thanks in advance,
Fedor
TheMonk
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Chris Armitage

Post by TheMonk »

Hi Fedor

wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Post by wishr »

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the effort. Our engineer will reach you back for investigation.

BR,
Fedor