Discussions related to using object storage as a backup target.
NEIN11
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Stephen Nakasian

Update 4 Features-AWS Integration

Post by NEIN11 »

Good afternoon,

I have 2 generic questions regarding the added features in Update 4...
We are currently utilizing a VTL to send backed up files and backup jobs to our AWS S3 Bucket.

What I would like to know, is what added functionality we can expect from this latest update on that front, in comparison to our current setup where I manually archive tapes in the VTL and transfer them to Glacier.

My other question is... Can I run both methods simultaneously using the same S3 bucket? I would like to safely test the new feature-set without it causing complications to our currently operational setup.

At a glance, it seems that Update 4 simply integrates the ability to manage the tapes, and their contents through the Veeam console itself rather than jumping between the AWS console and Veeam B&R.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6692 times

Re: Update 4 Features-AWS Integration

Post by Gostev »

Hello!

No, actually your first glance is waaay off :D what you can expect is a completely transparent integration of our scale-out backup repository into object storage, with seamless data tiering that requires zero management. For the specific details on capabilities of our integration, please review the What's New document. There's one page worth of text about this particular feature, so I am not reposting it here.

Yes, you can certainly use both methods at the same time.

Thanks!
NEIN11
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Stephen Nakasian

Re: Update 4 Features-AWS Integration

Post by NEIN11 »

Thanks Gostev. I am somewhat new to the Veeam world, and I appreciate the clarification.