Discussions related to using object storage as a backup target.
davidv
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: David Hoffman

Object storage repository not showing up

Post by davidv »

Hello everyone,

I'm using the Veeam Plus Edition and I noticed Veeam Blobs are now allowed, currently we just store to the local Veeam server where backup and replication 9.5 is installed. I've created a blob in azure, added it successfully with the keys as a Backup Respository. It shows up in Backup Infrastructure and the blob in azure portal is showing the Veeam folder and Archive folder are created.

But when creating a backup copy job (my main goal) the selection for Blob repository does not show up. It doesn't even show up when creating a normal Backup Job to select that as a repository. Is there an issue with my configuration or an issue with my version level?

Thanks,
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: Created Azure Blob - not showing up

Post by Gostev »

Hi, David - to leverage your object storage repository, you need to create and use a scale-out backup repository. Thanks!
davidv
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: David Hoffman

Re: Object storage repository not showing up

Post by davidv »

Hello Gostev,

When creating a "New Scale-out Backup Repository" I only have the default back up repository available. Adding it and click "next" brings up an error message stating "Unable to add extent Default Backup Repository it servers as the target for one or more job types which are not supported by a scale-out backup repository"

When I click "show" it doesn't have any specific job names that I have created, just the "gear" icon with "Backup Configuration Job" which looking at my jobs, the ones with the "gear" icon are 2 physical servers and 1 physical hyperv server.

Do you need a third repository in this configuration? Thanks!
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Object storage repository not showing up

Post by veremin »

You cannot add a backup repository hosting configuration backup as an extent to Scale-Out Backup Repository.

So, you will need to create an additional repository and point configuration backup to it before creating SOBR. However, this new repository can share the same backup storage - for example, by simply using another folder on the same volume.

Thanks!