Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
GianlucaCroci
Expert
Liked: 20 times
Full Name: Gianluca Croci

CopyJob Intervals

Post by GianlucaCroci »

Hello,
I'd like to know the best configuration for us about the configuration of the CopyJobs.
We've few BackupJobs that's start at 6:00pm everyday, and they end at 5:00am. All Backups are stored on the Primary site.
I'd like to copy all on a Secondary site.
I've done a CopyJob for the Physical machines and another one for the Virtuals.
On the Schedule option I have selected "Any time", and I start the jobs at 8:00am.
Sometimes I've the error message "Incremental copy was not processed during the copy interval".
I'd like to know what's wrong and the best start time for us, and also if the Schedule "Any time" is correct.

I've readed few pages about this, but not really understood what's the better solution.

Thank's for all reply and help.
Kind regards
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: CopyJob Intervals

Post by foggy »

Hi Gianluca, the best practice is to start copy job interval a few minutes after the source backup job start. This way it will monitor appearance of the new backups to copy over. Also it might help to extend the interval temporarily for the initial sync to complete. As for the backup copy window, if you do not have any restrictions in terms of using the connection, then 'Any time' option would be fine. Thanks!
GianlucaCroci
Expert
Liked: 20 times
Full Name: Gianluca Croci

Post by GianlucaCroci »

Thank's a lot Alexander.
So if I understand... I run a Job at 6:00pm, another one at 6:30pm and a last one at 7:00 pm. Then I can start everyday a Copy Job at 6:05pm, and I leave as Schedule "Any time".
With this configuration, as the servers complete the backup, they are copied to the Secondary site.
I'm right?

thank's again for your help.
Kind regards
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Yes, the one for the 6:00pm backup job should start at 6:05pm.