Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
neilpotter
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Neil Potter

Veeam Backup Essential - VIL issue in Veeam One

Post by neilpotter »

We have just purchased a 10 x ViL version of Backup Essentials with the intention of monitoring our site of 3 x Hosts, 1 x Datastore and only 6 x VMs.
Backup Essentials is a Small Business version that includes B&R and Veeam One for a lower cost for small businesses. Fantastic!
So B&R works fine for me. All VMs are showing as licensed and I am using 6 out off my 10 Instances.

Veeam one however is a different story. With the 10 Instance license applied, I can add my B&R server, and report on the backup jobs. However, there doesn't seem to be a way for me to add and report on VM alerts, or the hardware that the VM sits on.
Within Veeam One license section it shows me as using 0 of 10 instances, but 6 of 6 Monitored VMs.
If I use the Add Server function, I can add a single host, or the vCentre, but after a few minutes the console shows that the "your license key limit has been exceeded)

This has been raised as an issue on ticket ID# 03425983, but so far I have been passed from Licensing, to Support, to Licensing, and now to Sales who I think are looking to try and make me purchase a socket license.

At this stage, I am getting nowhere, and it feels that nobody that I have spoken to at Veeam appreciates that these licenses are sold at 10 x instances, and clearly show they I should be able to report on my VMs, but right now, the software won't allow that.

Has anyone else had any issues with the new ViL, or similar?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1drJSij ... sp=sharing
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: Veeam Backup Essential - VIL issue in Veeam One

Post by Shestakov » 1 person likes this post

Hi Neil,
how many VMs you have on the hosts you are trying to add to Veeam ONE?
If I use the Add Server function, I can add a single host, or the vCentre, but after a few minutes the console shows that the "your license key limit has been exceeded)
Once you added the hosts or VC try to exclude VMs from the hosts.
neilpotter
Influencer

Post by neilpotter »

3 x Hosts, 1 x Datastore and only 6 x VMs.
I've also tried just leaving one of the hosts with a single VM, and disconnecting from vSphere so that it acts as a single stand alone host. Same issue.
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Post by Shestakov »

That looks like a bug, so it's better to keep working with support.
neilpotter
Influencer

Post by neilpotter »

I agree, but they are passing me to sales to talk about license upgrades rather than look into the issue :(.
I thought if I post on here, others may have experienced that same problem.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. » 1 person likes this post

Neil, I have escalated your case to the support manager, he will review the case shortly. Sorry for the inconvenience.