Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
govi
Enthusiast
Liked: 7 times
Full Name: Govinda Naik

Two System with Same Name Backup issue

Post by govi »

Hi Team,

Recently we configured two brand new laptop with same system name and did the backup on backup repository(while one laptop was off) . When we realized that we used same system name on laptop we changed to different name.
Now after changing name also backup pointing to old system name folder and new sub folder folder is created with new laptop name(i.e lp229) under that folder and backup is moving in that subfolder.

Example:- By Mistake we name both laptop with lp227(name of laptop), so one laptop we had tor rename and we changed the name to lp229. Even after remaining and creating database, backup is still point to lp227 folder
below is current folder structure
Main Folder; lp227 and subfolder lp227 and sub folder lp229_1 are created. Normal scenario each laptop folder are created as separate.

How do I solve this issue?

Thanks,

Govi
Technogod
Expert
Liked: 26 times

Re: Two System with Same Name Backup issue

Post by Technogod »

This is normal operation. I would move my backups to another folder. Follow this KB article to re-create the database. https://www.veeam.com/kb2335 Create a new backup using different names. Follow this procedure for both computers. After creating new backups, if old backups are not needed you can delete them.
govi
Enthusiast
Liked: 7 times
Full Name: Govinda Naik

Re: Two System with Same Name Backup issue

Post by govi »

Hi,

I followed exactly same steps, but still old system name folder is created and under that subfolder with new system name folder and backup is done in that sub folder.

I tried with different repository as well but still same result.for some reason veeam has cached old system name and still referring to that.

Thanks,

Govi