Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
GregorD
Enthusiast
Liked: 6 times
Full Name: Gregor Duzic

cannot use remote repository , acccess denied

Post by GregorD »

i use enterprise 9.5 u3 with remote repository smb netapp, everything was working ok 3 monthly. i have 3 different server the same remote repository
now i upgrade veeam to update 4, now i get errors by merge or full backup copy job access denied, cannot create folder and so on. then i disable backup copy job and enable id and merge works or folders were created . this error are not all days.
can be that gateway server is tot bussy ?? or i dont know i have two off them one . i open cases daily .but the reason we never found.
when something will be misconfigured then the jobs will have error every day, and also wont be succesfully when i started it manually.
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: cannot use remote repository , acccess denied

Post by Shestakov »

Hello Gregor, could you provide the support cases numbers you had related to the issue?
Thanks!
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

GregorD wrote: Mar 03, 2019 8:12 am i have 3 different server the same remote repository
Do I understand right that you have three Veeam B&R instances using the same remote repository? Have you upgraded all of them? Otherwise those that are not upgraded wouldn't be able to use the repository having a newer version.
GregorD
Enthusiast

Post by GregorD »

yes you unterstand Right habe 3 Enterprise edtion which habe the same remote repository, But when i think now. i habe for this 3 Job 2 Gateway Servers. and i think the two Jobs where i have sometimes Problems with Access denied or that proces cannot merge Jobs, cannot rename Folder because the same File allready existis are on the same Gateway Server. and this is not the same we have mpls Connection between our HW and Remote Office. i allready ping over night from my Veeam to Gateway Server and everything was ok.
i dont know what exactly happent that ist not working. then i delete the vbk and Restart the Job and merge works.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Anyway you should be careful when sharing the same components between different backup servers. Besides the patch level, keep the load aspect in mind, since backups servers do not know about each other.
GregorD
Enthusiast

Post by GregorD »

The solution was that every server has different gateway server, before it was 3:2 so now indont have any problems with acces denied or that file was created and then not merged.