Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
soulraver
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Soulraver

Restore Citrix Xenserver Windows Server 2016 standard

Post by soulraver »

Hi, i have a few question about restoring VM from Veeam image backup and use of Rescue Media to Citrix Xenserver Virtual Machine.

Ok, I create new VM from template for Windows Server 2016 with the exact the same hardware configuration as my old VM before it was crashed. So, now i have my thoughs about restoration:

1. To restore WS 2016 from created image, I connect my external hdd with Veeam created Windows images and next I mount in Citrix Xencenter ISO of Veeam Media Recovery CD, then I start the machine to boot Media Recovery.

2. After booting my Rescue Media, I choose so my question... Bare-Metal or Windows Recovery Env?

3. After correct choice I can choose image and restore it to VM without any problem or I have to do some extra configuration to correctly boot?

Or everything above that i consider is wrong? Please tell my your advice, thanx in advance in any helpful information.
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 729 times

Re: Restore Citrix Xenserver Windows Server 2016 standard

Post by PTide » 1 person likes this post

Hi,

Right, you just start off Veeam Recovery image, attach HDD, and choose Bare Metal Recovery. Then you just go through the wizard steps.
Provided that the hardware configuration of the VM where you are restoring to is the same, no additional configuration should be required.

Thanks!
soulraver
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Soulraver

Re: Restore Citrix Xenserver Windows Server 2016 standard

Post by soulraver »

PTide Thank you very much! This is very helpful information because the place where i work, people are not willing to pay money for IT needs. Best for you, thnx !