Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
spiritie
Service Provider
Liked: 40 times
Full Name: Gert

Bottleneck with Cloud Connect

Post by spiritie »

Hi Forum

I've searched a bit round, but couldn't find an answer to this.

I have a customer that is complaining about slow speeds to our Cloud Connect, I wanna check what the bottleneck could be for him.

In VBR is easy enough just to look at the backup job itself and check the bottleneck.

Is it even possible with the Veeam Agent for Windows?
ejenner
Veteran
Liked: 100 times
Full Name: EJ

Re: Bottleneck with Cloud Connect

Post by ejenner »

If it is a VAW job it will still show the bottleneck details but obviously the job will have to be 'server managed'. If it's a standalone unmanaged agent doing its own backup you won't be able to see it on the console where the bottleneck info is usually displayed.

Been looking into this and maybe it's a bug, or maybe there is a technical reason... perhaps you can confirm if you see the same thing... but my Windows Agent backups of system drives always show the Load info. Backups of other volumes such as D:, E:, F: don't show a Load report if they are being backed up without a system drive. Jobs which backup the entire computer show a load report because a job which has the whole computer selected includes a system drive.
spiritie
Service Provider
Liked: 40 times
Full Name: Gert

Post by spiritie »

Unfortunately this is an unmanaged standalone VAW Agent. I tried looking in the logs, but couldn't find anything obvious.
ejenner
Veteran
Liked: 100 times
Full Name: EJ

Post by ejenner »

Install the Community Edition of Veeam B&R. It's free for up to 10 jobs and supports Cloud Connect and Veeam Agent for Windows.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. » 1 person likes this post

Community Edition might give you a clue on what the bottleneck is, but please be aware that using Veeam B&R CE is prohibited in the VCSP scenario > see Veeam EULA for more info (point 3 and 5).

As for the original issue, then I would try backing up locally to see if there is a dramatic difference or not. Troubleshooting data transfer performance over WAN might be tricky, as usually, this is the main bottleneck due to the fact many ISPs have different hardware and infrastructure configuration.