Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
dmaunder
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Daryl Maunder

Installing veeam explorer for Exchange and Sharepoint

Post by dmaunder »

I am new to Veeam and have installed Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 and it is running well. However I cant browse the backups, it tells me I dont have Veeam Explorer for Exchange or Veeam Explorer for Sharepoint installed. These dont seem to be downloadable separately, what is the product I use to install them? This doesnt seem to be mentioned at all when installing Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365.
Polina
Veeam Software
Liked: 681 times
Full Name: Polina Vasileva

Re: Installing veeam explorer for Exchange and Sharepoint

Post by Polina »

Hi Daryl,

Veeam Explorers distributives are included in the Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 package (the downloaded .zip file), but each of them needs to be installed separately. It'll take you just a few minutes (or even seconds) to set them up.
dmaunder
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Daryl Maunder

Post by dmaunder »

Thanks, that was simple. thanks
goldstar4
Influencer
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: gregory filter

Post by goldstar4 »

Regarding Veeam® Explorer™ for Microsoft Exchange, we have Veeam 9.5 u4 and want to back up our Office 365 mailboxes. I realize I need licensing for the 25 mailboxes or so we have, but I saw that we might also need to pay annually for VEEAM EXPLORER FOR EXCHANGE Standard or Enterprise? True?
Polina
Veeam Software
Liked: 681 times
Full Name: Polina Vasileva

Post by Polina »

Hi Gregory,

Veeam Explorer is a tool allowing for application-item restores (not backup). To back up you O365 data, you need a different solution - Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 (or VBO), which is standalone and not part of Veeam Backup & Replication. VBO is licensed on a subscription basis and per user (not instance-based yet), so for 25 mailboxes, you'll need 25 licensed users. Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange comes in one package with VBO as well.

Thanks!
goldstar4
Influencer
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: gregory filter

Post by goldstar4 »

Thank you, Polina