Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
MartinAgnico
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Martin Laplante

C++ runtime

Post by MartinAgnico »

Hi, we recently upgraded our ESX to 6.5p3. We have Veeam Proxy as virtual machine and the vmtools has been updated to version 10.3.5. This version come with c++ runtime 2017 which cause me problem with my backup job, return an error "missing C++ runtime components error, download from http://vee.am/runtime". So I downgraded the vmtools to 10.1.15 and it works again.

Is it on plan to update the c++ runtime veeam is using (ESX5.5to6.5=c++2008 or ESX6.7=c++2013, https://www.veeam.com/kb2678) so I can use the latest vmtools?
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2877 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: C++ runtime

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
and welcome to the forums.

As Windows 2008 support by Microsoft ends beginning of next year, it is very unlikely what we will invest time on this issue. Actually we will drop support for server 2008 without SP2 with the next major release.

Best regards,
Hannes
MartinAgnico
Lurker
Full Name: Martin Laplante

Post by MartinAgnico »

Hi Hannes,

I'm not talking about Windows 2008 but C++ 2008 Redistributable Package. The link, is about W2008 but it's the link provided by the error I had received.
All my servers are W2016.

Thanks,
Martin
HannesK
Product Manager

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
thanks for the detail because the KB article is for Server 2008. I will check.

Best regards,
Hannes
HannesK
Product Manager

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
the KB article is really only about Windows 2008. As you had issues with Server 2016 it would help us if you could open a case and provide logs for further investigations.

Could you also post the case number here?

Thanks,
Hannes
SlawomirG
Lurker

Post by SlawomirG »

Can you describe solution in this case (if solution were found) ? I have the same problem on dedicated (not VM) Windows Server 2012, where Error Failed to perform failback Error: Backup proxy is missing C++ runtime components, download from http://vee.am/runtime. I installed both Redistributable Packages and problem still occurs.
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Post by wishr »

Hello SlawomirG,

It looks like a known issue. Our support engineers should be able to help you with getting it sorted so please reach them out directly and let us know your case ID.

Thanks