Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
Morgenstern72
Enthusiast
Liked: 13 times
Full Name: Joachim

How the free Veeam Agent for Windows safed my files

Post by Morgenstern72 » 6 people like this post

On Windows 10 1803, I used the old Windows 7-style backup as well as the new file history on 2 different external hard disks.
Everything seemed to work fine, restore tests were ok.

Some weeks ago I tried the free veeam agent and reused the disk I used for the file history. veeam never finished a job, telling my, it lost connection to the hard disk. I cursed it of course in the beginning. Then I looked in my event log and saw ntfs errors on this disk - since months. I checked the disk and it always disconnected after some time, never finishing the check.

Windows 10 never told me about any errors, Windows 10 backup (File history) never told me about problems.
veeam Agent did.

I bought a new hard drive and now veeam agent does it work every day, while file history is still written hourly on the new disk (for convenience only).

My biggest THANK YOU! to the veeam-team. You safed my files.
Best wishes from Austria :)

(Nobody asked me or made me write this. If it's seen as advertisement, then only in that way, that I believe that you should also tell people when their product is great and helps you - not only when it fails).
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: How the free Veeam Agent for Windows safed my files

Post by HannesK » 2 people like this post

Servus,
good to hear :-)

Best regards back from Austria,
Hannes