Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
miller1884
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Kevin Miller

Feature Request - Chain backup jobs

Post by miller1884 »

I have Windows file server cluster with very large volumes for our departments on campus.

There are 3 physical nodes in the cluster - each node has about 6 volumes attached to it (total size of the cluster is over 200TB)

My volumes are CSV so I have to use agent based backups and create a separate backup job for each node.

This does work with the downside of a having a large backup file being created. I was hoping to use the new ability
of creating multiple backup jobs and breaking up the backups into smaller pieces based on volumes rather than the
whole node.

However, the ability to chain backup jobs is not available.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Feature Request - Chain backup jobs

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Kevin,

To clarify you process the csv volume by smiting it into regular volumes from the operating system? Thanks!
miller1884
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Kevin Miller

Post by miller1884 »

Yes, I select the volumes from the OS.

The reason I wish to chain the backup jobs is to spread out when full backups are run on a particular volume.

For example, I if I have drives:

F: 16TB
H: 32TB
J: 8TB

I would like to create three backups jobs that run on the same day but the full backup for each volume would run in a different week.

BTW, is there a CLI command I might be missing to chain backup?
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
if you select a failover cluster job, you can also select volumes. And you can chain the jobs in the schedule (or I misunderstood the issue).

Best regards,
Hannes