Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
tomnewman
Enthusiast
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Tom Newman

What TIME does storage-level corruption guard run?

Post by tomnewman »

Although you can schedule what days storage-level corruption guard runs, there doesn't seem to be an option to specify what time it runs.

We backup to a NAS that is powered down 90% of the time so not being able to specify the time is a bit of a problem.

Can anybody enlighten me?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: What TIME does storage-level corruption guard run?

Post by foggy »

Hi Tom, depending on the job type it is run at the end of the backup job session for regular backup jobs and at the beginning of the backup copy interval for backup copy jobs.
tomnewman
Enthusiast

Post by tomnewman »

Thanks Foggy.

OK a harder question! If we are creating synthetic full backups (with transform) once a week then would it run once the synthetic full was created or after the normal incremental backup is done and before the synthetic is created? (I'm assuming, and may be wrong, that on the days you request a synthetic full that the actual process is first do an incremental then create the synthetic full, in other words a two step process.)

I'm trying to schedule it so that the maintenance verifies each synthetic full when it is created.
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy » 1 person likes this post

You're correct that synthetic full is a two-step process. Health check is triggered at the end of the job synthetic activity.
tomnewman
Enthusiast

Post by tomnewman »

Thanks again Foggy, so unless I have misunderstood you, I need to run maintenance on the same day that I create synthetic fulls and that will run maintenance on the newly created synthetic full.
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

Correct. Though keep in mind that both operations are very I/O intensive so may take significant time.